Contributor - Improve the Xcos palette management
A dedicated palette component has been developed in Xcos. Previous GSOC editions enabled the search engine, the zoom feature and multi-selection (available from 6.0.0).
The idea is to improve the user experience of the Xcos palette. Some elements could be implemented:
- From the Scilab help browser, add a link "Add this block to the current schema".
- The search engine could parse the help pages for better results (only done on block names atm)
- A block appearing in "Recently used blocks" can appear twice in the search results
- The search is not incremental
- Using help pages content, it might be possible to categorize search results (per palettes for example).