How to close a bug in Scilab
If the bug has not been reported and exists into a public release of Scilab (ie not only in a nightly version), please submit a bug report on http://bugzilla.scilab.org/ (please don't put yourself immediately as assigned, do it after in order to let know other that you reported this bug).
- If the development are not done in the master branch (ie working on a minor release), if the bug is easy to fix, fix it in the current branch (5.4 for example). If it is hard or tricky, please fix it in the master to decrease the risk on the current stable release.
- Fix it
Update the CHANGES_XXX (numerical order in the list of bug). If a commit closes many bugs at once, don't hesitate to create a dedicated area in the CHANGES_XXX.
If many bugs are fixed in the same module of Scilab, please group them.
Since the CHANGES_XXX files contain all change log information for minor releases, please make sure you are writing them at the right place. Since the issue no more occurs, please use past in your sentences.
Write a non-reg test (in modules/*/tests/nonreg_tests) using the dedicated assert functions.
Create a reference (test_run("module_name","bug_xxx","create_ref"))
If you have write permissions, commit and push it into the Scilab code review system. If not, attach the patch to the bug tracking system and send an email to the mailing list firstname.lastname@example.org
Patches must be formatted using git format-patch.
- The patch must contain:
- The list of the modificated files
- The test (.tst)
- The reference of the test (.dia.ref)
Add the URL to the commit in the code review. (http://codereview.scilab.org/#change,XX) as a comment in the bug tracker.
- Once the code review is accepted, close the bug report and provide as comment:
- In which branch it has been fixed, or, better, in which version of Scilab the fix will be available
The URL of the commit in gitweb (http://gitweb.scilab.org/?p=scilab.git;a=commit;h=XXXXXX) (do not forget that code review system changes the commit id).
- If there is anything else to know about this bug.
- If there is a non-reg tests attached to this bug fix.
- If the bug is complicated, don't hesitate to provide some feedbacks on it
- Change Bug status to
- FIXED if the bug is fixed and no Scilab release is currently available with Fix within it.
- CLOSED if the bug is fixed and there is already a Scilab release with the Fix available.